Call for the NRS Crossover Science Award
The NRS Crossover Science Award is presented every 2 years to recognize outstanding achievements in interdisciplinary respiratory science.
The award will be granted to interdisciplinary research that has increased the exposure of respiratory research in the Netherlands (or has potential to do so). The award of € 10,000.- should be used for an activity that stimulates societal interest for the proposed research. The awardee(s) will report at the annual meeting of NRS, the Longdagen.
Criteria for the award are (minimally 4 out of 6 criteria should apply):
- The study is innovative and is primarily embedded in the field of respiratory health and/or disease.
- The Dutch team of investigators has an interdisciplinary background.
- The study concerns collaboration between two or more research groups from different institutions (this does not include different departments within the same university, even when one department is seen as an institution on it’s own).
- The study has led to one or more collaborative high impact scientific publications (published in scientific journals that belong to the top 25% of the field).
- The study results have drawn scientific attention outside the respiratory field, for example by an editorial in a scientific journal or other scientific medium outside the respiratory field.
- The study results have been covered by general media and/or by the lay-press. The award will only be granted when the jury finds that the application sufficiently meets the criteria. All applications should contain a plan on how the award will be used to stimulate societal interest for the research.
Applications may be submitted by:
- Individual scientists
- Scientific groups
- Scientific societies
- Universities / departments
The application should include a short description of the research, relevant publication(s) and a statement highlighting those aspects of the research that meet the requirements of this award. In addition, a plan for spending the award money (€ 10.000) should be included in the application.
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org and should be received no later than February 24, 2020. The award winner will be selected from applications by the NRS News committee, which will present its laureate to the Board for approval. The awardee will be announced during the Longdagen.