Symposium Fatigue in Chronic Diseases
KNAW-symposium - Fatigue in Chronic Diseases
This symposium will bring together world experts in the topic of fatigue in patients with chronic non-communicable disease, like respiratory, cardiovascular and oncologic diseases. It aims to bring forward ideas for best approaches in research and clinical practice to tackle the origins and management of this very common and overlapping symptom in many chronic diseases, that affects a patients’ daily quality of life, and impacts societal and professional participation.
Date: 29 November 2016, 10.00 a.m. – 4.30 p.m.
Venue: Trippenhuis, Kloveniersburgwal 29, 1011 JV Amsterdam
More information: website KNAW
- Dirkje Postma, Professor of Pathophysiology of Respiration, University Medical Center Groningen – Welcome and introduction
- Mw. Betty Frankemölle, Lung Foundation Netherlands – Fatigue in chronic diseases: a patients’ experience
- Andrea Evers, Professor of Health Psychology, Head Unit Health, Medical and Neuropsychology, Leiden University – Fatigue: relevance of self-management and communication
- Jan Vercoulen, Senior researcher, clinical psychologist, health psychologist, Radboud Expert Centre for Psychology & Medicine, Radboud University Medical Centre, Nijmegen – Fatigue: Measuring and consequences in COPD
- Nina Kupper, Associate Professor of Medical and Clinical Psychology, Tilburg University - Fatigue: Measuring and consequences in cardiovascular disease
- Thys van der Molen, Professor of Primary Care Respiratory Medicine, University Medical Center Groningen - How is fatigue related to other symptoms and comorbidities?
- Y.S. Prakash, MD, PhD, Professor of Anesthesiology and Physiology, Mayo Clinic. Minnesota, USA - Role of the Brain-Lung Axis in fatigue
- Carin van der Rijt, Professor of Palliative Oncological Care, Erasmus University Medical Center - Fatigue and markers of inflammation: lessons from oncology
- Jos van der Meer, Professor and chairman, Department of Internal Medicine, Radboud University Medical Centre, Nijmegen - Chronic fatigue syndrome, lessons for fatigue in chronic diseases
- Panel Discussion with Chairs and faculty
A Panel Discussion with Chairs and faculty will be hosted by:
- Niels Chavannes, Professor of Primary Care Medicine, Chair of eHealth Applications in Disease Management, Head of Research of the Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Leiden University Medical Center
- Annemie Schols, Professor of Nutrition and Metabolism in Chronic Diseases, Department of Pulmonology, Maastricht UMC+